Welcome to the 2017 Spring Season. I hope everyone had enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and are now ready get the season underway. My name is Matthew Poell and I am the new lead goalkeeper coach for Winchester United. I have been a part of the Winchester United program for the last few seasons and have years of goalkeeping experience coaching and playing in the goalkeeper role at the collegiate level. I am very excited and anxious to get started with all of you. Still joining us this season will be Brian Ferraro. Coach Brian has been with United for several seasons now. He is a very smart educated coach that will bring a lot of knowledge to the training sessions.
This season we will be having a few changes. We will be separating age groups. Goalkeepers from the age 9-11 will be training from 5pm to 6pm. Goalkeepers from the age 12-14 will be training from 6pm to 7pm. All training sessions will be held at James Wood High School Practice field. Both Coach Brian and I will be rotating who will be leading the sessions so that the goalkeepers can get a different point of view from both coaches.
At any point this season you have any questions, concerns or goalkeeping situations you need answered, do not hesitate to email me. I will do my best to answer as much as I can. Again, I am very excited to be working with all of you this season. Lets start of on the right foot and get the season underway.
Please see below for important training information.
The training schedule for the spring season is listed below:
- U9-U11 @ 5-6pm
- U12-U14 @ 6-7pm
All Training sessions will be held at James Wood High School practice field located next to the baseball field.
- All Goalkeepers will arrive 5-10 minutes before training. (Equipped and mentally ready to work) Do not be late
- Goalkeepers when arriving will great all coaches present with a firm handshake.
- Goalkeepers will wear Goalkeeper gloves to every session
- All goalkeepers will wear club issued training gear to every session (Practice orange or navy blue top). “Look good, Feel good, Play good”.
- Goalkeepers will be focused and paying attention during instruction and in session.
- After sessions, Goalkeepers will wash their gloves.
- Use warm water to get the dirt out.
- Air Dry, DO NOT PUT IN DRYER.
- HAVE FUN!
GOAL KEEPER CONTACT INFORMATION
Same as last season, teams are only allowed to send 3 goalkeepers per training session each week. Coaches may send different goalkeepers each week as long as you keep it to the 3 goalkeepers limitation and provide me with their contact information prior to training. The information needed is as follows:
- Goalkeeper’s Name
- Age & Team
- Parent email & telephone number
Thank you for your time. I am looking forward to seeing and working with everyone this season.
See you Friday, March 24th.
All the best,
Phone #: (703) 431 1968